10 Tips for New Bloggers
I've been blogging for a good couple of years now and lately I've been feeling a bit 'bleugh' when it comes to my blog. Over the past few weeks, instead of give up on my blogging entirely, I've been working on getting my spark back. While doing so I wanted to share some blogging tips I've found to be very helpful for me and my blog. I hope you find them helpful too!
1. Don't feel trapped in a box. If you're struggling to come up with content for your blog, change what you write about. Start fresh with a new series, a different topic, post a recipe, do a beauty review. It's your blog you can do what you like with it.
2. You don't have to blog everyday. Don't get stressed about coming up with new content everyday and rather let your content happen naturally.
3. Start a new hobby. This will activate different parts of your brain and may even inspire your blogging.
5. Make 'friends' with other bloggers you admire. Mention them in tweets (even just saying something like "I love your blog! Thank you for inspiring me!"), like their photos on Instagram and mention them on Facebook. A little love goes a long way.
6. Always reply to comments on your blog. If someone has taken the time to reach out toy you and leave a comment, the least you can do to say thank you is to reply. It's the nice thing to do.
7. Spend a little time going through past blog posts/Facebook posts and see what has been most popular with you readers. Let this guide you as to what you should post more of.
8. Simple is usually better. Keep things clean with regards to your choice of images and photographs for your blog, as well as with your blog design. Lots of white space is much more appealing on the eyes than clutter.
9. Invest in stock photographs if you don't have a fancy camera or the time to take your own photographs. Or sign up for gorgeous free stock photographs for your blog at DeathToTheStockPhoto.
10. Have fun. Blogging should be something you enjoy doing, not a task to tick off a list at the end of the day. If it's becoming more of a chore than something that makes you happy, take a break for a while. You owe it to yourself to blog for the heart and if your heart isn't in it, it might be time for a change (I've found No. 1 & 3 have helped me the most when it comes to needing a change!).
There you go. 10 tips to help new (and old!) bloggers to feel inspired. Is there anything else I've left off that you think I should add? I'd love to ear from you in the comments section below.