Who doesn't love a bag full of freebies?! Especially when the world of baby & pregnancy related products can end up costing you a pretty penny, it's always wonderful getting goodies for nada.
When choosing which medical aid to join last year, we eventually settled on Momentum Health basically due to their wonderful Maternity Program. Another bonus of the programme is of course the baby bag hamper they send out to you around week 28 of your pregnancy.
Here is a little more about the programme:
Members who register on the maternity programme when they are between 8 and 12 weeks pregnant, qualify for up to 12 antenatal visits at either a GP, gynaecologist or a registered midwife, as well as 2 pregnancy or growth scans - one before the 24th week and one after.
The Scheme's Health Platform benefit even covers 2 paediatrician visits in the child's first year on all but the Ingwe and Access Options.
It is worthwhile to note that one needs to be a member of the Scheme prior to falling pregnant, in order to enjoy the full value and benefits of the maternity programme, and actual benefits will differ depending on a member's choice of option.
Here is an in-depth look at the Momentous Baby Hamper for qualifying Momentum Health mommies-to-be.
What you get
*As advertised on their website...I'm sure the bags differ from time to time*
- Caboodle backpack (I also found a changing mat & clear plastic pouch inside)
- Toiletries & other goodies from Pigeon (I got a digital thermometer, wipes, breast pads & dummy)
- a 'Baby on Board' decal sticker from BabyCity (not pictured)
- a Tiny Love development toy
- a one-year subscription to Living and Loving magazine
- discount vouchers from Baby City (I didn't find any vouchers in my goodie bag but I did get a copy of the 'One + One = Three' baby book by Melodie de Jager)
- I also got a sample pack of BabyJoy pants (we are planning on doing cloth nappies so not sure if we will get to trying these out)
How to get your bag
- To qualify for this benefit, you must be a member of Multiply Premium at your 24th week of pregnancy.
- To get your bag, you need to register with the Momentum contact centre after your twelfth week of pregnancy.
- They will contact you to confirm the delivery address for your hamper around the 24th week of your pregnancy. Your hamper will be sent to you via registered mail.
- Expecting multiples? Ask about Multiply's special arrangements for multiple births when you register for the programme.
Some important info
- This benefit is only available to members on Premier Multiply who register their pregnancy between 12 & 18 weeks
- This benefit is only available for the main member and partner.
- You can claim this benefit for one pregnancy each year.
Click here to read more details on the Momentum website.
Do you know of any other places to offer freebies for baby & mommy-to-be's?
Apart from Dischem and their baby bag, Momentum is the only other one I've come across so far. If you know if any other places that offer freebies/samples for expecting moms, please do leave me a comment below and let me know!