Dischem Baby Bag - Freebies for the soon-to-be Mommy
Who doesn't love freebies?! The Dischem Baby Bag was one of the first freebies I found out about while being pregnant. It's filled with loads of awesome little goodies, in full sizes and travel sizes and while I don't plan on using a lot of the brands given, it's always nice to have them on hand for those 'just in case' moments.
To receive the baby bag, you need to register for the Dischem Baby Programme.
How do you Join the Baby Programme?
You can do this in one of two ways:
- Register in store at the Customer Service Desk
- Call the Dischem Careline on 0860 347 243.
How do you qualify for the baby bag?
It's a really simple process. All you have to do is:
- register your pregnancy and due date with Dischem (either in-store or using the number posted above)
- Earn 975 or more Benefit Points (or spend R950 or more) on your Dischem card
- Book a consultation with our Clinic Sister for sometime between 20 - 26 weeks of your pregnancy (this date range is subject to change...call the careline to make sure of the date exclusions)
The consult includes the following;
- Blood Pressure Check
- Evaluation of Pregnancy
- Information on Immunisation and Dischem Baby Services
Once you have met the above conditions and are in your 28th week or more of pregnancy, a baby bag will be ordered for you. The bag will only be available for collection two weeks after meeting the qualifying conditions. My bag was somehow sent to Balito instead of Pietermaritzburg, and so I had a family member pick it up for you. If you have someone collect it on your behalf, they need a copy of your ID (I sent along my old ID book as I have a new ID card) and they will also need to present your Dischem card.
A notification will be sent to inform you that you have qualified for a bag. Once the bag is available for collection in store you will receive a further notification.
While I at first turned my nose up at the design/pattern of the bag, I have since found it to be an incredibly useful bag for traveling. I packed all of our little one's hospital things in it for labor, and even though I thought I might just give the bag away once I got it, I've used it for often.
I also love that the bag comes with a changing mat...super useful!
Here's a look at what was inside my bag (I have a feeling contents may vary):
Do you know of any other freebies for expecting moms? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!