Low Carb Lemon & Cranberry Muffins #BantingInKorea
Sometimes you just need a little something to fill that cupcake sized gap in your tummy and if you are Banting (click here to find out more about this Low Carb High Fat eating lifestyle), then these little muffins will help you loose weight while still filling that gap! They were very quick to make and the lemon & cranberry flavours really balance each other out resulting in mouthfuls of soft & fluffy deliciousness.
I had planned to have at least half of the batch on hand for the next day, but they didn't even last one sitting. Even Farmboy, who usually scoffs at my Banting baked goods, was impressed with them.
Dried fruit is not exactly Banting friendly, so if you can find fresh cranberries/blueberries/strawberries then these would indeed be much better for your Low Carb High fat diet. Being in Korea means I often have to make do with what I have on hand, and so dried cranberries went into these muffins. I buy all my nuts (almonds, almond flour & walnuts) and dried cranberries/blueberries online through Gmarket through this seller.
1/4 cup yogurt (or the cream off the top of a can of coconut milk)
2 TBS melted butter or coconut oil
1 TBS lemon juice
1/4 tsp vanilla extract (bought online through Iherb)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar (you can find this in all marts here in Korea)
2 TBS xylitol (you can buy it online here in Korea through Gmarket)
1/2 cup cranberries chopped (I used dried cranberries)
1/4 cup coconut flour (you can buy coconut flour here in Korea on Iherb).
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix together all ingredients except cranberries and coconut flour.
- Thoroughly mix in coconut flour.
- Chop the cranberries if using fresh berries and then fold them into the mixture.
- Grease a mini-muffin pan well (I used coconut oil).
- Bake at 180 degrees for approximately 15 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool off. It's very tempting to eat them straight out of the oven too but resist the urge! These muffins need to cool off to develop their full flavour!
And that's it...Try not to eat them all in one go...although I totally understand if you can't resist!
Recipe adapted from Intoxicated Life