Are you looking for an easy alternative to fried eggs when following a Low Carb, High Fat diet? These breakfast muffins are simple to make and can be spiced up in so many ways. They are filling, while still being super easy to whip together. If you have been Banting and have been enjoying my Cream Cheese pancake recipe, these muffins will be another great addition to your breakfast menu.
These ingredients made enough to fill one muffin tray (6 large muffins)
-4 large eggs
-dash of milk (this depends on the size of your eggs and how 'eggy' you like your muffins to be. I have made these muffins using milk and not using milk and they have tasted the best with just a dash of milk)
-Your choice of filling:
- 1/3 cup chopped/grated cheese (I usually just chop my cheddar cheese into small blocks)
- handful of chopped baby tomatoes/sun-dried tomatoes
- handful of chopped raw zucchini
- dash of smoked paprika
- pinch of salt & pepper
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180C
2. Grease a muffin tin (I always use coconut oil)
3. Beat eggs and milk together, then adding your filling ingredients. Finish off with your seasoning of choice and pop in the oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Don't get be alarmed, your muffins will puff up while cooking but once removed from the oven they will sink, this is completely normal and doesn't mean you have flopped the recipe. They taste amazing either way.
4. Eat alone or with your choice of sugar free tomato sauce/pesto.